Tired of dealing with the inconvenience of temporary hair removal products? Opt for a more permanent solution with Laser Hair Removal.
This quick treatment comes with no scarring or side effects, making it a safe and effective option for achieving smooth, hair-free skin. In this article, we will take a closer look into laser hair removal, including all the necessary information you need to consider before deciding to undergo this treatment.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser emits light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth. Since we have several hair growth cycles, multiple treatments are required. Each session targets the active hairs that are growing through the follicle. Every laser treatment follows the hair into the follicle to target and destroy that cycle of growth permanently.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal offers a range of benefits, including long-lasting results with reduced hair regrowth and no stubble, leaving your skin feeling smooth and soft. Not only does it remove hair from the roots, making it less likely for ingrown hairs to occur, but it also comes with no scarring or side effects.
Laser Hair Removal at Jack Nathan MedSpa
Jack Nathan takes pride in providing the industry’s gold standard DIODE laser hair removal, complete with sapphire cooling tips that guarantee maximum comfort during treatment. Furthermore, our clinics are equipped with both Venus Velocity™ + Luvo Bare 808, which can accommodate both fine and coarse hair, and perform treatments on tanned skin.
Regarded as the “gold standard” of hair removal lasers, Diode laser technology is highly effective and requires fewer treatments to achieve desired results. This type of laser employs a single wavelength of light that is absorbed well by melanin, while also incorporating skin cooling to protect the skin’s surface. As melanin heats up, it destroys the hair root and cuts off blood flow to the follicle, resulting in permanent hair removal. Diode laser technology is safe to use on all skin types and targets even the most stubborn hairs. This method is suitable for various body areas, including sensitive ones, and guarantees stable hair reduction after a treatment regime.
What areas can be treated?
Laser hair removal is versatile and can effectively target hair on various body parts:
- Upper lip
- Specifically targeting the armpit region
- Bikini line
- Pelvic area
How many Laser Hair Removal sessions do I need?
- General Rule: Most people undergo between six and eight treatments per area.
- Determining Factors: Treatment decisions are based on:
- Patient’s skin tone
- Hair colour
- Hair location and coarseness
- Individual differences
Note: Only an experienced provider like Jack Nathan MedSpa can precisely determine the required sessions for an individual.
Why Are Multiple Sessions Needed?
- Hair Growth Cycle: Treatments are spaced out every four to six weeks due to individual hair growth cycles. This ensures that all hair in the target area is addressed over its growth cycle.
- Duration: Treating one body area can take nine months to a year. For instance, laser hair removal on the leg may typically require a minimum of eight treatments.
Does the Treatment Vary for Different Body Areas?
- General Consistency: Similar results may be expected for areas like the arms, face, chest, underarms, and bikini zone.
- Bikini Area: If you’ve been shaving the bikini area, hairs might be thicker, possibly necessitating extra sessions.
- Hormonal Receptors: Areas like the groin and beard, rich in hormonal receptors, can demand more treatments.
- Finer Hairs: Areas with finer (thinner) hairs are trickier to treat, leading to additional sessions.
- Skin and Hair Colour Similarity: When a patient’s skin colour is close to their hair colour, more sessions might be needed.
What Can Be Expected After Completing the Sessions?
- Long-term Outcome: A significant and permanent reduction in hair growth.
- Regrowth: It’s not uncommon to observe some unwanted hair growing back. This doesn’t indicate treatment failure. Providers can offer follow-up treatments, adjusting the regimen based on individual responses.
Key Takeaway: Achieving smooth, hair-free skin requires patience, commitment, and trust in the provider’s expertise.
When to shave before Laser Hair Removal?
It is recommended to shave the night before or 24 hours prior to any laser hair removal treatment. Shaving in this time frame is recommended before:
- Skin will be less sensitive: If you shave directly before your treatment, your skin may feel more sensitive and uncomfortable with the laser.
- Prevent skin sensitivity: Shaving right before the treatment may lift the topmost layer of skin off along with the hair. This can cause your skin to be more sensitive and susceptible to burns.
- Ensure effective treatment: Shaving 24 hours before treatment ensures that the laser targets the follicle under the skin rather than the surface hair. This prevents the surface hair from carbonizing and potentially burning the skin.
- Save time: Shaving before the treatment saves time for both technicians and you, making your treatments quick and effective.
Book your Free Consultation with Jack Nathan MedSpa
Take the first step towards hair-free, smooth skin by booking your free consultation with our team at Jack Nathan Medspa, a hair removal clinic. During your free consultation, we will discuss your needs, answer your questions, and provide a personalized treatment plan tailored to your skin and hair type.