What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During the treatment, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The light energy is then converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
How many sessions of Laser Hair Removal do I need?
At Jack Nathan MedSpa, we offer the Venus Velocity™ and Luvo Bare 808 for our laser hair removal treatments. With these medical-grade machines, 6-8 sessions are needed depending on the patient’s skin tone, hair colour, location of treatment, and coarseness.
Both the Venus Velocity™ and Luvo Bare 808 are DIODE lasers, a single beam light and a gold standard in the industry. The DIODE laser is very effective and comfortable.
Why do we need multiple Sessions of Laser Hair removal?
The Hair Growth Cycle
Hair growth undergoes distinct phases, dictating the timing and effectiveness of treatments:
- Anagen: The active phase where hair grows.
- Catagen: A transitional phase with reduced activity.
- Telogen: The resting phase where hair stops growing and eventually sheds.
Why the Gap Between Laser Treatments?
- Targeting the Anagen Phase: Laser hair removal is most effective during the Anagen phase, where the hair is actively growing.
- Limited Anagen Hair Percentage: At any given time, only about 10-15% of body hair is in the Anagen phase, necessitating multiple sessions to effectively target all actively growing hairs.
Frequency of Laser Treatments
- Typical Wait Time: It’s generally recommended to wait 4-6 weeks between laser hair removal sessions.
- Personalized Advice: Your technician at Jack Nathan MedSpa will provide a tailored recommendation for the optimal gap between sessions.
Note: Laser hair removal’s effectiveness hinges on the intricate dance of hair growth cycles. Understanding these cycles can enhance treatment outcomes and set realistic expectations.
Laser Hair Removal: The Gold Standard for Modern Hair Reduction
1. Permanent Results
- Duration: Enjoy hair-free skin for years, possibly even a lifetime.
- Touch-ups: To ensure enduring smoothness, periodic touch-up treatments every 6-12 months can help manage any sparse regrowth.
2. Established Safety
- Global Popularity: The leading laser procedure worldwide.
- Efficacy & Safety: A proven track record of being both 100% safe and effective.
3. Convenience is Key
- Time-Efficient: Treatment durations hinge on the target area, typically ranging from 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Enhanced Comfort
- Pain Comparison: A gentler alternative to waxing’s discomfort.
- Sapphire Cooling Tip: Exclusive to Jack Nathan MedSpa, this feature ensures a comfortable treatment experience.
5. Gentle on the Skin
- Zero Irritation: In stark contrast to waxing, which can irritate by tugging hair from its roots.
- Freedom from Ingrowns: Targeting and destroying the hair follicle eradicates the issue of ingrown hairs, a common problem with waxing and shaving.
6. Hassle-Free Preparation
- Pre-Treatment Prep: It’s advised to shave the intended treatment area either the night before or a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
7. Cost-Effective in the Long Run
- Initial Cost vs. Long-Term Value: While upfront costs may exceed traditional methods like waxing, the enduring results present significant long-term savings.
8. Seamless Post-Treatment Transition
- No Downtime: Post-procedure, you’re free to immediately dive back into your daily routines.
Final Thought: Laser Hair Removal has firmly established itself as a cornerstone of modern aesthetic treatments. Its myriad benefits, from lasting results to unparalleled convenience, make it the future of hair reduction.
Comparing Waxing and Laser Hair Removal
Both waxing and laser hair removal can be effective ways to remove unwanted hair. Waxing is the process of putting hot or cold wax onto a strip, applying it to your body hair, and then removing it. It works by pulling out the hair root, including the hair follicle, making the hair grow back finer/thinner.
To wax and obtain the best results, your hair needs to be ¼ inch to ½ inch long.
|Laser Hair Removal
|Lasts 3-6 weeks
|May cause irritation, ingrown hairs
|No side effects
|Can be painful
|Hair grows back finer/thinner
|Inhibits or delays future hair growth
|Limited to the waxed area
|Flexible, can be used on various body areas
The major differences between the two are the result time, side effects, and pain level. With 6-8 sessions of laser hair removal, results can last years or sometimes forever, while waxing lasts 3-6 weeks. Laser hair removal has no side effects, while waxing may cause temporary redness and irritation, rashes, bumps, and ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is comfortable, while waxing can be painful and very uncomfortable.
Can I wax while getting Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Understanding the Laser Hair Removal Process
Laser hair removal seeks to damage the hair follicle during each session. Over time, this results in hair that is finer and more sparse. Given this dynamic, many undergoing the treatment might notice some hair growth between sessions and ponder the efficacy and safety of waxing during this period.
Is Waxing Permissible During Laser Treatments?
The straightforward answer is: no.
Why Waxing Isn’t Advisable
- Laser’s Target: Laser hair removal zeroes in on the hair follicle, progressively weakening it with every session.
- Waxing’s Effect: Unlike shaving or creams which only address surface hair, waxing uproots the hair follicle.
- The Need for a Target: The laser’s mechanism of action involves directing its beams to damage the melanin – the pigment that bestows color to our hair. This action heats up and harms cells in the hair follicle, undermining the root of the hair.
The Consequences of Waxing Beforehand
If you opt to wax before a laser session, the hair might not reappear in the targeted zone for a set duration. In such a scenario, the laser’s effectiveness is diminished as it lacks a clear target, undermining the probability of securing the best outcomes.
The Significance of the Hair Growth Cycle
Recognizing and respecting the hair growth cycle is pivotal. This cycle underpins the rationale behind the intervals between treatment sessions. Adhering to these gaps is essential to maximize results.
In essence, while the temptation to wax might loom large, especially when confronted with hair regrowth, it’s essential to resist. The path to optimal laser hair removal outcomes involves patience and adherence to recommended care measures.
Can I shave between my laser hair removal treatments?
Yes, you can shave between your laser hair removal treatments. Shaving between your treatments is an effective way to manage your unwanted hair between treatments. It is important to shave 24 hours prior to any laser hair removal treatment. This will cause your skin to be less sensitive and save time for you and your Jack Nathan Medspa technician.
Can you use self-tanner before laser hair removal?
No, you cannot use a self-tanner before laser hair removal. Tanning products must be removed before your appointment. Tanning products can be applied between sessions, but your skin needs to be clear on the day of your treatment.
You can use self-tanning products after a laser hair removal appointment, but you should wait 2-3 days before reapplying your tan to avoid irritation, as your skin may be sensitive.
Book your consultation!
Overall, laser hair removal is an effective, long-term solution to that pesky, unwanted hair. After 6-8 treatments at Jack Nathan MedSpa, you can achieve the smooth, hair-free skin you have always wanted.
If you’re looking for laser hair removal near me, Jack Nathan MedSpa is the perfect place for you. Our state-of-the-art laser hair removal treatments are effective and painless, and our personalized services ensure that you get the best results possible. Book a free consultation today to determine which service is right for you.
Here’s a brief overview of Laser Hair Removal.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses concentrated light to remove unwanted hair. It offers long-term results and is considered safe.
How many sessions of laser hair removal are needed?
Typically, 6-8 sessions of laser hair removal are needed, depending on factors such as skin tone, hair color, and treatment area.
How does laser hair removal compare to waxing?
Laser hair removal offers long-term results, while waxing lasts for a few weeks. Laser hair removal is comfortable and has no side effects, while waxing can be painful and may cause irritation or ingrown hairs
Can I wax while getting laser hair removal?
It is not recommended to wax while undergoing laser hair removal. Waxing removes the hair follicle, which can interfere with the effectiveness of laser treatment.
Can I shave between laser hair removal treatments?
Yes, shaving between laser hair removal treatments is acceptable and can help manage unwanted hair. It is recommended to shave 24 hours before each treatment.
Can I use self-tanner before laser hair removal?
No, it is advised to remove self-tanner before laser hair removal. Tanning products should not be applied on the day of treatment to avoid irritation.