- Acne is a common skin condition that can be difficult to manage and can have a significant impact on an individual’s self-confidence.
- While there are many treatments available for acne, some individuals may turn to microneedling as a potential solution.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a device with tiny needles that puncture the skin, creating micro-channels. This process triggers the body’s natural healing response, leading to the production of new collagen and elastin fibers, which can improve skin texture and firmness. Microneedling can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne, scars, and stretch marks.
Microneedling at Jack Nathan MedSpa
Introducing DermaPen – Dp4™
- Jack Nathan MedSpa proudly presents the latest Health Canada-approved device for microneedling: DermaPen – Dp4™.
Why Choose DermaPen – Dp4™?
- Speed & Efficiency: Dermapen 4 glides effortlessly, creating millions of fine, vertical fractional channels up to 104% faster than other microneedling pens.
- Innovative Repair: The micro-injuries instigated trigger a natural repair process, amplifying collagen and elastin production, which results in significant skin improvements.
- Superior Technology: DP4 stands out in the market because of its world-leading vertical needle technology, coupled with the ultimate infusion of microneedling-specific formulations.
The Microneedling Procedure
- Numbing: The process commences with the application of a numbing cream to the face. This ensures patients feel minimal discomfort. The cream remains on the skin for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serum Application: Based on individual skin concerns, a specialized serum is chosen and applied before the microneedling treatment begins.
- Comfort Assured: The entire procedure is designed to be pain-free.
- No Downtime: Patients can resume their daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Treating Acne with Microneedling
- Sebum Reduction: Microneedling can effectively reduce the production of sebum, a primary factor leading to whiteheads, blackheads, and chronic cystic acne.
- Targeting Sebaceous Glands: By focusing on the sebaceous glands in the skin, microneedling acts as a preventative measure against the onset and progression of acne.
Benefits for Acne Scarring
- Stimulating Collagen Production: Microneedling boosts collagen production, aiding in the skin’s natural repair mechanism.
- New Skin Cell Growth: The treatment encourages the growth of fresh skin cells.
- Scar Improvement: As a result of the above, acne scars can appear lighter and smoother, varying based on the scar type.
It is essential to consult with a qualified professional from Jack Nathan MedSpa to determine if microneedling is a suitable treatment option for your individual needs and skin type. With proper aftercare and maintenance, microneedling can help individuals achieve smoother, clearer, and more even-toned skin.
How Many Sessions are Recommended?
Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve the best results. Typically, patients will need a series of three to six treatments spaced out over several weeks to several months. The exact number of treatments will depend on the individual’s skin type and specific concerns.
Side Effects of Microneedling
- Redness and Swelling: Post-procedure, patients may notice redness and swelling, resembling the effects of a mild to moderate sunburn.
- These immediate effects generally diminish within 48 hours.
Additional Possible Reactions
- Bumps and Breakouts: Some individuals may experience these skin reactions.
- Dry Skin: Another potential side effect post-treatment.
- Not everyone will experience these side effects. Individual reactions vary based on skin type and sensitivity.